Due to the ongoing COVID-19 Outbreak, AAG 2020 has shifted to an online virutal presentation and the session entitled “Social Media and Big Data” has been canceled.
Below is the list of papers and authors for the session.
- Harvesting Geographical Microdata of Flash Flood from Social Media ( Lei Zou / Texas A&M University)
- Social Media Analytics for Disaster Management (Zhenlong LI / University of South Carolina)
- Use of Twitter in Disaster Rescue: Lessons learned from Hurricane Harvey (Volodymyr Mihunov / Louisiana State University)
- Linking Geo-tagged social media data with health registries to improve public health studies (Ping Yin / University of Mary Washington)
- Spatiotemporal data analytics to explore real estate market trends (Atsushi Nara / San Diego State University )
- Visitors’ behavior and landscape perception: A case study of Saguaro National Park based on social media data (Shujuan Li / University of Arizona )
- Hidden geographies and inequalities of an online social network (Akos Jakobi / Eotvos Lorand University )
- Peopling cities of technology and big data:
towards a citizen urban science (Harvey Neo / Singapore University of Technology and Design )
- Mapping socio-spatial inequity in medical crowdfunding: A methodological discussions of social media and qualitative GIS (Jin-Kyu Jung / University of Washington-Bothell )
- Revisit the Convergence of GIS and Social Media in 2020 with Geospatial Data Science and Big Data Analytics (Ming-Hsiang Tsou / San Diego State University )